Re: [avr-libc-dev] Porting RTEMS patches to avr-libc

From: Georg-Johann Lay
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Porting RTEMS patches to avr-libc
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 13:59:52 +0100

Cynthia Rempel wrote:
> The bugs that were listed on the avr-libc bug-tracker looked resolved...
> although I'm currently experiencing the joys of trying to get the svn
> version of avr-gcc to compile (for testing purposes :). Just stumbled across
> ATMEL's Linux Toolset w/patches,
> http://distribute.atmel.no/tools/opensource/Atmel-AVR-Toolchain-3.4.1/avr/ ,
> hoping up-to-date patches will help...

avr-gcc should build out of the box.  No patches are needed.  What problems did
you encounter?

>> If RTEMS wants to use avr-libc, extending --with-avrlibc seems warranted
>> so that is covers avr-rtems, see PR54461.
> ...if --with-avrlibc would get the svn avr-gcc to compile that would be very
> helpful! Until then, I'll play with trying to upstream ATMEL patches...

--with-avrlibc is mainly an optimization thing to endure basic float arithmetic
from libm.a is used and not the one from libgcc.a.

Again, avr-gcc should build out of the box, no matter how --with-avrlibc is set
and no extra patches are needed.

Johann