Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #37901] CRC-CCITT calculation incorrect

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #37901] CRC-CCITT calculation incorrect
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 15:28:42 +0000

Ok, then we don't want to change the name, as that needs to remain supported.

> But sure, you never know how many people use them.  It's been there
> since the early days of avr-libc, so you can guess someone wrote it
> nine years ago since they had a need for it.
>
> > I think it would be a good idea to support xmega users too.
>
> They are already well supported by _crc_xmodem_update(), they just
> need to be told. ;-)

That's unacceptable as that's an internal function name. We need to have a
first-class function name that can be used by xmega users.

@mojo: I don't agree that this is a bug. However, I think it would be a good
new *addition* to avr-libc.