Re: [avr-libc-dev] 1.8.1?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] 1.8.1?
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 21:04:17 +0100

As Georg-Johann Lay wrote:

> > The problem with supporting new devices is, without a corresponding
> > addition to binutils and GCC, it could not even be compile-tested in
> > avr-libc.
>
> Why that?

> Just compile -mmcu=avrxmega7 -D__AVR_ATxmega128A1U__ and follow the
> description in the avr-gcc Wiki.

OK, while I have expressed my doubts that mere mortal end-users would
do it that way, you're right, inside avr-libc, we could.  Only problem
is that it means to rewrite parts of the build system, because we
somehow have to perform the mapping from the MCU type to the
respective other options (generic MCU type) inside the build system
then.