Re: [avr-libc-dev] 1.8.1?

From: Erik Walthinsen
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] 1.8.1?
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 09:36:48 -0800

On 11/30/2012 08:49 AM, Weddington, Eric wrote:
Cool! Do you have any public links to your talk?

<https://media.defcon.org/dc-20/presentations/Anch-Omega/FDEFCON-20-Anch-Omega-The-Darknet-of-Things.pdf>

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMY80H9PUus>

I know that ARM GCC has a similar switch. IIRC, it only selects the core.
Right, which leaves the linker script, crt, headers, etc. up to the project developer ;-(

FYI, there's an open source project that adds the AVR backend to LLVM. It's
currently on SourceForge (name: avr-llvm).
Yeah, I have no idea how functional it is though...

Guys, the main point of this thread is to get avr-libc 1.8.1 out the door. I'll
I was asking for was help with the avr-libc bug list.
Sorry, this is just a *really* sore point with me in both AVR and ARM. I agree that getting 1.8.1 done is the immediate priority, which is why I'm cranking on the full-range Xmega patches right now. Hopefully the binutils and gcc components can be pushed up ASAP as well.

I understand the desire to reorganize the world to make it sane. I'd like that,
too. Yes, it's a big task. If anyone is really serious about doing that, then
let's put a plan together that can actually be worked on. Maybe that would be a
good reason to move avr-libc to 2.0.
I hopefully will have a little bit more leeway to work on something like that in the near future, so while I can't at this point take the lead either time- or skill-wise, I would love to be involved.