Re: [avr-libc-dev] Pow Function in avr8

From: Jan Waclawek
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Pow Function in avr8
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:18:28 +0100

>PS. Are you sure you linked against avr-libc's math library?
>
>It linked against the libc math libraries .

How exactly?

>Also adding to the points mentioned above, is it required to use the logrithms
>for getting this done as we explicitly say the second argument of pow should
>be an integer ?

I don't know who is "we" (Atmel? :-) ) but

<math.h>:
extern double pow(double __x, double __y) __ATTR_CONST__;

C99 6.9.1#10
On entry to the function, the size expressions of each variably modified
parameter are
evaluated and the value of each argument expression is converted to the
type of the
corresponding parameter as if by assignment.

JW