Re: [avr-libc-dev] the latest release?

From: Sean D'Epagnier
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] the latest release?
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 04:41:59 +1200

On Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 02:53:14PM +0700, Ivan Shmakov wrote:
>       ACK.
>
>  >> Supports “long” integers' arithmetics, as well as fixed and floating
>  >> point numbers,
>
>  > Well, that's more a feature of the compiler.
>
>       I guess I've mistaken AVR Libc for libgcc, then.  Thanks.
>
>  > Perhaps you want to replace the “long” by `64-bit' to be more exact?
>  > (Though AVR-GCC's 64-bit support, while working, is not its brightest
>  > side, arguably.)
>
>       Don't the 32-bit integers also require compiler's support for
>       certain MCU's in the AVR family?
>
>  >> and standard mathematic functions.
>
>       So, I've rewritten it as follows:
>
>     Supports standard mathematical functions for fixed [point] and
>     floating point numbers.  […]

I could be mistaken, but I grabbed latest svn of avr-libc and I do
not see math library support for fixed point.  I wrote a patch
for this way back with the original fixed point support patches
and also string conversion routines.. maybe now its time to commit
this since fixed point is finally part of avr-gcc?

Sean