Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #36921] util/delay.h uses inline...

From: Georg-Johann Lay
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #36921] util/delay.h uses inline...
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 20:16:19 +0200

Weddington, Eric schrieb:

I guess it's the larger issue of "What standard does avr-libc comply to?

C?

C89 is a subset thereof, and the problem is also present with -std=c90.

And it can be seen in more headers like math.h

IMO it's reasonable if the C modules require some more modern standard
like C99.  But that's only an issue of how to build the objects, the
ordinary user will never be annoyed by that.

However, GCC itself does not have a feature to compile to MISRA (AFAIK)
so it makes it difficult to fully comply.
(Though I've wanted to add that feature to GCC for years.)

That's basically blocked because MISRA is not open.  How cpild a GCC
developer review code, fix bugs or confirm bugs if he does not know
what the compiler is supposed to do?

Except he buys an expensive document.

Johann