Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #35003] wdt_enable() has a wrong code sequencefo

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #35003] wdt_enable() has a wrong code sequencefor many parts
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 14:23:43 -0500

> And it has been working on the AVR product line for years. In my mind,
> the question is really: does it work on the XMEGA product line? If not,
> then we need to change the code.

Didn't we already go down this XMega road on the SEI interrupt
delaying a cycle?:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?29774
"prologue/epilogue stack pointer manipulation not interrupt safe in XMega"

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/avr-libc-dev/2010-05/msg00002.html

"This suggests that xmega code should simply be restoring the stack
pointer. (Note that on the xmega, when SPL is written all interrupts
are disabled for up to four instructions or until SPH is also
written.) However, when I look at the disassembly of the
__prologue_saves__ and __epilogue_restores__ code for the xmega
libgcc.a libraries, I see the code for the non-AVR_XMEGA path. The
libgcc.a libraries from winavr20100110 are the same."