Re: [avr-libc-dev] [avr-gcc-list] [bug #28837] using PSTR with c++ produ

From: Volker Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [avr-gcc-list] [bug #28837] using PSTR with c++ produces warnings
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 01:06:01 +1300

On Thu 03 Nov 2011 05:14:55 NZDT +1300, Weddington, Eric wrote:

> The above advice always worked for me. Personally I don't like messing
> around with shared libraries (DLLs) unless I have to. Simplifying the
> PATH also has always made building things easier. I do this in my build
> scripts. A lot of build problems that I have run into seems to get fixed
> quickly by fixing the PATH.

Thanks Eric, sanitizing PATH and explicitly unsetting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
nothing quite likely has a beneficial effect (I don't want to spend the
time to actually prove it).

The static/shared I see as a non-issue,

  ./configure --disable/enable-shared/static
  make

is all the same difference. The one thing that beats either is letting
it be someone else's problem and installing the system packages for
those libraries.
(Unpacking their source into the gcc source and renaming the
directories' version numbers away is fine too.)

Thanks,

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header.
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.