Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #28837] using PSTR with C++ produces warnings

From: Volker Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #28837] using PSTR with C++ produces warnings
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 09:23:23 +1300

On Wed 02 Nov 2011 06:16:01 NZDT +1300, Georg-Johann Lay wrote:

> I'd suggest not wasting more than one day on a issue.

Good advice. Not work related, so after-hours days. Sometimes I'm
stubborn...

> If you cannot solve the
> problem in that time, come up and ask; for example in a place like here.

I did, on avr-gcc. No response that hit the nail, but one person made
some helpful suggestions that put me on the right track. The issues that
matter are non-obvious and I don't think all have been mentioned yet.

> You can browse the http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla bug data base for information
> on
> desired target, compiler version and bug status.

Did that, but it's always difficult to know what to look for.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.