Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #28837] using PSTR with c++ produces warnings

From: David A. Mellis
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #28837] using PSTR with c++ produces warnings
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:14:58 -0400

Thanks for the message, Eric.

As you say, we don't really have enough time to properly investigate the
toolchain and bugs.  I've had various reports of various Arduino functions
breaking with newer versions of binutils (2.21, I believe) and haven't had the
resources to track those reports down to the underlying toolchain bugs or
changes.

Of course, I have lots of respect and appreciation for all the work you guys
do.  And I realize that vague reports of problems don't help you fix them.
That's why in general I've just gone with whatever Eric packages up in WinAVR
as the toolchain for Arduino.  We're eagerly awaiting the next release.  :)

David