[avr-libc-dev] [bug #34695] fixed width int types without __attribute__(

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #34695] fixed width int types without __attribute__()
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:22:24 +0000

Update of bug #34695 (project avr-libc):

                Severity:              3 - Normal => 1 - Wish

Follow-up Comment #4:

I would also like to remind our users that avr-libc is part of the overall
GCC-based toolchain for the AVR, which includes:
- GNU Binutils (assembler, linker, utilities)
- GCC
- avr-libc
- GDB

The Eclipse code analyzer tool is not necessarily an official part of that
toolchain. I agree in that, technically, the Eclipse-based tool needs to be
taught GCC's extensions, especially attributes.

But, I can also agree with Joerg in that making avr-libc's more lint-friendly
might be a good idea too.

My only personal caveat is that this is something that is low priority for the
avr-libc developers/maintainers. (We already have enough changes planned in
the future for the header files.) I would be willing to accept outside patches
to do this, if they are shown to be useful and don't break avr-libc.

I'm lowering the Priority and Severity accordingly.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34695>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/