Re: [avr-libc-dev] [avr-libc-commit] [2252] Add macro avr_libc_revision_

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [avr-libc-commit] [2252] Add macro avr_libc_revision_suffix, to provide a potential suffix that
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 09:46:41 +0200

As Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> Bump version to 1.7.2rc2252, in preparation of releasing avr-libc
> 1.7.2 anytime soon.  This is not necessarily going to be the final
> release candidate, but should help anyone who wants to benefit from
> bugfixes that have been applied recently (like the PSTR one that is
> necessary for recent versions of GCC).

I just uploaded avr-libc-1.7.2rc2252.tar.bz2 to savannah.

This is the first release candidate of the upcoming avr-libc 1.7.2
release.  See above for reasoning.  Please test the release candidate.

Until avr-libc 1.7.2 has been released, please don't commit anything
that could compromise the stability of the tree (IOW: consider the
tree to be `frozen').  I don't want to add a branch until it's really
necessary.  Of course, well-tested bugfixes are always welcome.