Re: [avr-libc-dev] cannot access TCC0.PER or any other 16-bit register o

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] cannot access TCC0.PER or any other 16-bit register on ATXMega128A1
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 08:16:44 -0400

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 7:54 AM, Stefan Schoenleitner
<address@hidden> wrote:

> ------------------------------
> $ avr-gcc -Os -gstabs -std=c99 -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields
> -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -pedantic
> -mmcu=atxmega128a1 -c -o main.o main.c
> main.c: In function ‘main’:
> main.c:130: error: ‘TC0_t’ has no member named ‘PER’
> make: *** [main.o] Error 1

> Since "PER" is definitely in the struct, I'm really wondering why I get the
> compiler error above.
> I suppose this is a bug.

I'm sure it would have been noticed by now if the 16 bit stuff did not work.
I use code like this all of the time:

  /* Setup the period to next IRQ */
  TCD0.CTRLA = TC_CLKSEL_OFF_gc;

  TCD0.PERBUF = period_u16;
  TCD0.CCABUF = period_u16;
  TCD0.CTRLB  = (TC_WGMODE_NORMAL_gc);

  TCD0.INTCTRLA = 0;
  TCD0.INTCTRLB = TC_CCAINTLVL_LO_gc;   /* Enable D0.B IRQ */

Does your code compile if you use:

# Debugging format.
#     Native formats for AVR-GCC's -g are dwarf-2 [default] or stabs.
#     AVR Studio 4.10 requires dwarf-2.
#     AVR [Extended] COFF format requires stabs, plus an avr-objcopy run.
DEBUG = dwarf-2

# Compiler flag to set the C Standard level.
#     c89   = "ANSI" C
#     gnu89 = c89 plus GCC extensions
#     c99   = ISO C99 standard (not yet fully implemented)
#     gnu99 = c99 plus GCC extensions
CSTANDARD = -std=gnu99

To me it looks like your Makefile is rather old.  Does your code
compile if you use a Makefile produced by MFile (Which you many not
have, being it comes with WinAVR)?

--
http://blog.softwaresafety.net/
http://www.designer-iii.com/