[avr-libc-dev] [bug #34047] missing math.h include in delay.h

From: Tim Dicus
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #34047] missing math.h include in delay.h
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 11:23:53 +0000

        Percent Complete: 100%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: 1.7.1
           Fixed Release: None

Details:

This is my first post here, so if this is not the correct place to submit
this, I could use a little guidance. If this bug has already been reported,
please let me know.

In avr-libc 1.7.1, there appears to be an omission of the math.h file
include.

The /avr/include/util/delay.h.in file (which becomes delay.h in my installed
version) has calls to fabs() and ceil() with no declaration for these
functions, causing my compiler to throw those 2 errors.

I found the fix was to add the math.h include to
../avr/include/util/delay.h.in

At line 44, I added this
#include <math.h>

The fix can be applied after the install by adding the same line to the
/avr/include/util/delay.h file.

I attached both the delay.h.in file and the resulting delay.h file, both with
the bug fixes at line 44.

Thanks!

File Attachments:

Date: Thu 18 Aug 2011 11:23:52 AM GMT  Name: delay.h.in  Size: 9kB   By: