[avr-libc-dev] Mac AVR Tools available

From: Chris Marrin
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Mac AVR Tools available
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 14:38:24 -0700

Sorry for cross-posting, but I wanted to make sure both relevant groups
received this.

I've got my first version of Mac AVR Tools available for download. You can get
the package installer here:

        http://avr.marrin.org/downloads/

or you can get the script and associated files from github:

        https://github.com/cmarrin/avrtools

The package consists of:

        binutils 2.21
        avr-gcc 4.5.2 (and friends)
        avr-libc 1.7.1
        avrdude 5.10

The avrtools.sh script should be able to run on Leopard, although I've only
tested it on Snow Leopard so far. But it builds i386 executables which have
been tested to run on both Leopard and Snow Leopard.

I've incorporated several patches from around the web (mostly from the MHVTools
sources) but I'm sure I'm not including everything I could.

I'd very much like to hear feedback on whether or not it works for you, and I
always welcome updates and additional patches to make the package better.
Please add your comments and suggestions to the blog (http://avr.marrin.org/).

My goal here is to get a nice modern toolchain for Mac development. I've talked
to Eric Weddington about his efforts to make a cross-platform toolchain and
I'll be happy to roll this work into (or have it superceded by) that effort.
But being the impatient sort, I wanted something NOW! :-)

Enjoy...

-----
~Chris
address@hidden