[avr-libc-dev] avr-gcc, libgcc.a and libgcov.a

From: Chris Marrin
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] avr-gcc, libgcc.a and libgcov.a
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 10:15:52 -0700

I'm building avr-gcc from source and along with it, the two above mentioned
libraries get built for several avr architectures: avr2 through avr5.1. It also
provides a version of libiberty.a and installs some includes such as stdint.h
and varargs.h. Are any of these libraries and includes needed for AVR
development or does avr-libc provide everything you need? Do any of these
things even work for AVR? There is also an include for stdfix.h and I know
fixed point in particular is not yet supported.

So, when I package up avr-gcc and avr-libc do I need to worry about these other
libraries?

-----
~Chris
address@hidden