RE: [avr-libc-dev] Patches for 1.7.1?

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Patches for 1.7.1?
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:35:24 -0600

Actually, it is only required to release the source code for GPL licensed
software.

Avr-libc is licensed with the modified BSD license. Ironically, Atmel is not
required to release that source code. Although, I would strongly suggest it as
a benefit to the user community.

In the case of source code for private devices, it has been my policy in the
past to not release the source code for those devices for avr-libc.

> > This causes a disservice to the user community.
>
> This is not intentional. And moreover they will not be prolonged. The
> errors are similar to AVR tiny10 errors caused by avrtiny10. These were
> realized in much later stages when avr-libc 1.7.1 was used.

Will the source code for these devices that are currently private be released
in the near future?