[avr-libc-dev] [bug #32723] Add NVM_PROD_SIGNATURES_t in Xmega header fi

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #32723] Add NVM_PROD_SIGNATURES_t in Xmega header files
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:09:18 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #32723 (project avr-libc):

Hi Anitha,

I don't know if you know this, but Kristian Hole has an account on Savannah;
he can submit his own bug reports. ;-) He's done so before.

I think it's fine to add this information to the XMEGA header files, with just
a couple of stylistic changes:

- The opening brace needs to be in line with the closing brace of the enum. We
use the BSD style, not K&R style for brace placement. Like this:

typedef enum tag
{
} typename;

- We don't use the C++ style, single-line comments. We have to stick with the
old C89 comments, like this: /* ... */. This is because avr-libc is designed
to compile to older C standards. So this would have to change in the example
that you gave.

Now there are some other questions that need to be answered:

- Does this data exist in current XML files? If not, it needs to be added for
future new devices.

- Will you be creating a patch that adds this new information to existing
header files?

- The avrgcc-header script will also need to be updated/committed to handle
the new XML file format, and to make sure that it handles this information and
writes this enum to new XMEGA header files that conform to the points above.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?32723>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/