RE: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] Conditional poisoning of deprecated items

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] Conditional poisoning of deprecated items
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 06:17:25 -0700

I would normally agree with that. However, with poisoning on, the macro
definitions still generate a warning. I don't want to give the user who uses
all up-to-date features a whole bunch of new warnings just to point out
deprecated items.

If you can figure out a way to have gcc to only give an error on *usage* of a
symbol (and not also a warning on the #define) then I think we can certainly do
what you suggested.