[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [avr-libc-dev] 1.7.1 release-Next Week?

From: Boyapati, Anitha
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] 1.7.1 release-Next Week?
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:37:04 +0800

Hello Joerg,

>Then, let's see how many of all the other fixes and enhancements can
>be committed to the tree within the next weeks, and let's roll another
>release shortly after (I was thinking of a 1 ... 2 months timeframe

1...2 months?! I am hoping for somewhat lesser time frame :(
We have an AVR Toolchain release coming up (around Feb end). So I thought next 
week would be kind of nice.  Now I think with all the planning required for 
1.7.1 release, it will be too much of a hasty release.

I think patches are available for following bugs:


There are many issues with power.h also. I'll come back on it in some e-mail 

>So unless your planned new device support affects devices that are
>already around as engineering samples for customers, I wouldn't want
>to hold back avr-libc 1.7.1 for them but rather see them in 1.7.2.
>How does that sound to you?

I don't think device support in avr-libc will be delayed. Infact they are very 
much ready. Any other devices, we are planning to release them as patches.

The past 3.0.0 and 3.1.0 avr toolchain releases used 1.7.0+ patches. It is 
becoming really painful to be in sync with trunk with all those patches lying 
around. 1.7.1 is meant more to ease our maintenance. Atleast we don't have to 
bother applying patches everytime and get it built.

>(The new devices require compiler and binutils support for them to be
>added anyway, I guess.)

Yes. They are already supported in compiler and binutils. Basically for 3 
devices support is required. I have just sent the list in the e-mail to Eric.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]