Re: [avr-libc-dev] 1.7.1 release-Next Week?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] 1.7.1 release-Next Week?
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 07:36:09 +0100

Hi Anitha,

> How about planning for 1.7.1 release next week?  Its been a while
> since we gave any release...

Exactly. ;-)  Incidentally, yesterday I've been thinking about
releasing new versions of all the tools where I'm the de-facto release
engineer (avr-libc, avrdude, avarice) really soon now, basically by
releasing what's already there in the repository.  The idea is to
finally catch up with the backlog of fixes that have already been
committed (like the infamous delay.h bug), and get new releases out
to the users without any further delay.

Then, let's see how many of all the other fixes and enhancements can
be committed to the tree within the next weeks, and let's roll another
release shortly after (I was thinking of a 1 ... 2 months timeframe
here).

So unless your planned new device support affects devices that are
already around as engineering samples for customers, I wouldn't want
to hold back avr-libc 1.7.1 for them but rather see them in 1.7.2.

How does that sound to you?

(The new devices require compiler and binutils support for them to be
added anyway, I guess.)