[avr-libc-dev] [patch #6951] Time posix patch.

From: Frank Ennert
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #6951] Time posix patch.
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:11:03 +0000

Follow-up Comment #9, patch #6951 (project avr-libc):

As someone interested in using the patch in a project I took it upon me to
check the copyright of the NEWLIB files.

Unfortunately the situation isn't clear. The time files I checked in NEWLIB
all had a simple statement like

 "Original Author:    G. Haley"

in the code. E.g.
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/newlib/libc/time/gmtime.c?annotate=1.4&cvsroot=src
I didn't check all libc/time files.

NEWLIB itself points to http://sourceware.org/newlib/COPYING.NEWLIB for
license details. But that file doesn't contain any reference to a "G. Haley".

Googleing produces a document about NEWLIB http://www.gnuarm.com/pdf/libc.pdf
where a certain Graham Haley is mentioned:

"'libc' includes software developed by Martin Jackson, Graham Haley and Steve
Chamberlain of Tadpole Technology and released to Cygnus."

But COPYING.NEWLIB doesn't mention Tadpole or Cygnus. I have no idea what
"released to" means. For me that code is to hot to touch. I guess I have to
write my own time functions.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6951>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/