[avr-libc-dev] Conditionally compile for tiny10 family

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Conditionally compile for tiny10 family
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 20:38:42 -0600

Hi All,

I'm working on a bunch of changes that will add conditional compilation to not
compile various functions if it is compiling for a device in the attiny10
family (tiny10/4/5/9/20/40). The tiny10 family is weird in that it only has
half of the register file of a regular avr, and a reduced instruction set. This
means that quite a number of functions in avr-libc will not currently build for
the tiny10 family. At this point I just want to conditionally compile these
functions out, and then at a later point we'll look into fixing the various
functions to actually make them work for the tiny10 family.

I think that it is best to get this work done (conditionally compile out)
*before* a 1.7.1 release. Currently, 1.7.0 and trunk needs to be built with
"make -k" (ignore build errors). I would like the future 1.7.1 to be able to be
built normally, hence the motivation for this work.

Eric Weddington