Re: [avr-libc-dev] How many bits wide is __data_load_end?

From: Simone Zamboni
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] How many bits wide is __data_load_end?
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 17:05:28 +0200

Bob Paddock wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Simone Zamboni <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > By the way, a note for me: Bob, how much time does the XMEGA take to
> > verify all the code (roughly)? Reading all the flash data seems to take
> > a few seconds.
>
> I will have to measure the time.  I'd guess a little less than two
> seconds with my current code, at 8 MHz.
> I only run the CRC when the PORF bit (Power Applied) is set, rather
> than at all resets.
> I have to meet some regulations that require the system to be "fully
> operational in under one second".
>
> In the XMega you could switch to the 32 MHz Osc. to run the start up
> code, I don't for power reasons.

Well, i made some brief tests and but didn't find big differences in
reading data from flash at different clock speed: it seems that the
limit is about the NVM controller not the instructions the MCU has to
execute. I can be wrong because I didn't test this very deeply so
further investigation may be needed.