Re: [avr-libc-dev] LPM instructions in optimized code causes unintended

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] LPM instructions in optimized code causes unintended behavior in execution
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:16:25 +0200

As Thomas Carsten Franke wrote:

> I did not restored the NVM CMD because I
> didn't know that it would has to be.

This is correct.  We recently added a note to the documentation in the
header file <avr/pgmspace.h> telling that on Xmega devices, all the
functions will only work as designed if NVM_CMD is set to 0x00 (NOP).

As you had to manually take care to set NVM_CMD to something else
before, I think it's only fair to leave the job to the programmer to
restore it afterwards.