Re: [avr-libc-dev] Inclusion of far pointer library (patch#6352)broke av

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Inclusion of far pointer library (patch#6352)broke avr-libc build
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 07:53:26 +0200

As Weddington, Eric wrote:

> I have to emphatically agree with Joerg on all of this.

I wrote a preamble that is displayed for any new patch tracker items,
and added a reference to my mailing list article there.  (The article
isn't archived yet, so I made a guess about its article number.  Will
correct it if necessary, as soon as it actually appeared in the
archives.)

> Unless there are any immediate objections, I will be preparing a
> patch to remove these additional progmem.h features.

I'm neutral to this.  I don't mind it being in to encourage Jan of
completing the patch submission, and provide the documentation later
on.  However, as you've been applying the patch, Eric, it's of course
your decision about keeping it or not.