Re: [avr-libc-dev] Inclusion of far pointer library (patch #6352) broke

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Inclusion of far pointer library (patch #6352) broke avr-libc build
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:26:54 +0200

As Jan Waclawek wrote:

> I believe there should be no issue with simply removing the #error?

Maybe, but I don't pretend I understood every detail about the other
macros.  If you tell me it's OK to remove the #error, I can of course
just drop it.

Regarding the linker script section names, that should certainly be
mentioned in the description (so it eventually goes into the avr-libc
documentation), independent of whether Eric provides a patch in the
next version of the WinAVR successor.  Can you please submit a
paragraph for that, Jan?

> That's my fault and shows clearly how unexperienced I am.

Next time, it's as simple as running one

./bootstrap
./configure --build=`./config.guess` --host=avr
make

cycle with the patched header file for a first test.