Re: [avr-libc-dev] Problem with eeprom_write_byte

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Problem with eeprom_write_byte
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 08:11:49 +0200

As Matthias Fechner wrote:

> If you like you can change the function that it only touches bits in
> the EECR register it needs to touch, if not I can life with it.
> Easily reenabling the bit after each call works fine here.

I'd rather like to keep the functions the way they are.  After all,
that's not macros but true library functions, so if you're going to
write an interrupt-based implementation, you might want to roll your
own.

What I think avr-libc could provide here is a macro to assist you in
that, by abstracting the low-level work.  Feel free to submit an
enhancement request for this.  Of course, even better, if you had the
time and energy to craft a complete example project demonstrating
interrupt-controlled EEPROM write access (for doc/examples), I'd be
happy to include it.