Re: [avr-libc-dev] New pgm_read_ptr() macro?

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] New pgm_read_ptr() macro?
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 16:18:54 +0200

On 03/06/2010 14:55, Jan Waclawek wrote:
I would also like very much to finally add the FAR macros that
Carlos put together a long time ago, or something very similar. I
don't remember if there was ever any issues with them that need to
get resolved, or if there is basic agreement that these should be
added the way they are etc. But I would like to put the issue to
rest and get them added in some fashion.

I am using Carlos' work daily for more than a year now and there's no
issue with it. There might be some functions added - I've written for
example a memcmp_PF() for my own purposes.

Recently, I've summarized some of my experience in
http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=93874&highlight=
. Mostly minor issues, but if I've had that information on hand when
I started using the "far FLASH" it would spare me some time and
experimentation.

I've also posted a couple of more pgmspace.h-related remarks in
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28058 .

JW

Jan, could you email me a copy of Carlos' macros, or your current macros? I'd like to have a look at them and see if I can find a way to get the FAR stuff working without the overhead when it's not needed. I don't know if it's possible, but it could be fun to try.