[avr-libc-dev] [bug #29235] power.h - warning: comma at end of enumerato

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #29235] power.h - warning: comma at end of enumerator list
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:45:51 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #29235 (project avr-libc):

Hmm. After reviewing the GCC manual about -pedantic here:
<http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.4.3/gcc/Warning-Options.html#Warning-Options>

It says this:
"Issue all the warnings demanded by strict ISO C and ISO C++; reject all
programs that use forbidden extensions, and some other programs that do not
follow ISO C and ISO C++. For ISO C, follows the version of the ISO C standard
specified by any -std option used."

First, I don't know if all of avr-libc would pass the pedantic check anyway
because we use extensions, which is not strict ISO C. Second, it makes sure it
follows the version of the ISO C standard specified by any -std option used. I
would recommend that we put in the documentation that avr-libc tries to follow
the C99 standard, and NOT anything earlier.

Based on this, I would recommend making the doc change discussed above, so it
is clear that we do not recommend using -pedantic and that we code against the
C99 standard, and closing this bug as invalid.

Thoughts?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?29235>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/