Re: [avr-libc-dev] Help with avr-libc svn/cvs access issues

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Help with avr-libc svn/cvs access issues
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:59:55 +0100

As Boyapati, Anitha wrote:

> >I've told the savannah admins that the old CVS repository might be
> >removed, don't know whether they already did.

> I don't understand. Is this the reason why I am getting the message
> when trying to check out anon using svn?

No, anonymous SVN is not supposed to be affected, but anonymous CVS to
the sources repository might already fail.

> $ svn co http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/svn/project/avr-libc
> svn: Repository moved permanently to
> 'http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/project/avr-libc'; please relocate

You're using HTTP access, which is apparently only supported for the
.gnu.org server (although the documentation says differently).
However, you do want developer access anyway (as opposed to anonymous
access), so the HTTP method doesn't get you there.  You need the
svn+ssh method.

> >> $ svn co svn+ssh://address@hidden/project/avr-libc

> This again fails saying that repository has been moved to some other
> server.

Take the "/project" out there, it's copied & pasted (wrongly) from the
anonymous URL.  The svn+ssh URL is

% svn ls svn+ssh://address@hidden/avr-libc/
branches/
tags/
trunk/

(Better do *not* start a checkout there!)

> Also, I notice that my user id <aboyapati> is being used for
> illustrating CVS and SVN access.

The Savannah website offers customized instruction pages for everybody
who is logged in.  When I go there, I get joerg_wunsch instead.