Re: [avr-libc-dev] What about moving to SVN?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] What about moving to SVN?
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 23:38:47 +0100

As Dmitry K. wrote:

> But, what is a reason for migration?

Well, I've started to use SVN in a number of projects in the past
years, and found it mostly better than CVS as a general opinion.  That
starts with simple things in day-to-day operation, like "svn status"
giving you a simple one-line status about each file where with CVS,
you'd have to abuse a "cvs update" command in order to get a short
summary of your changed files.

One of the really big improvements in SVN though is the ability to
move a file, and this also caused my recent request (I'd like to move
util/delay.h to util/delay.h.in, so it can be modified by the
configure script).  As I remembered the request to switch to SVN
already came up in the past from other developers, and Eric's only
argument against it was lack of time at those people who might be
willing (and able) to do it, I just picked it up now.

While the migration has already been done on savannah, there's still
some permission issue with the SVN tree.  I haven't been able to
commit anything by now.