Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: avr-libc 1.6.8 [was: duplicating avr-libcfromwina

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: avr-libc 1.6.8 [was: duplicating avr-libcfromwinavr]
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 01:41:21 +0100

Weddington, Eric wrote:

-----Original Message----- From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden org] On Behalf Of David Brown Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 3:12 PM To: address@hidden Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: avr-libc
1.6.8 [was: duplicating avr-libcfromwinavr]

Incidentally, is there a reason why avr-libc is hosted with CVS
rather than Subversion?

Age of the project. We have logs going back to 1999. I suppose that
we could migrate to SVN. Joerg would probably have to do most of the
heavy lifting to move it over. Again, resource issue. Would you be
willing to help out? <hint, hint> ;-)

I've never done such a conversion, having never run a CVS server (only subversion servers). But it is apparently quite easy if you are not too bothered by the layout you get in your svn repository. There is a FAQ on the savannah web site:

<http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/CvSToSvN>

I think the key point is whether the key avr-libc developers /want/ to move to subversion, and want to think about how they would organise the subversion tree structure - that's probably more effort than the mechanics of the conversion itself, which is fairly automated.