Re: [avr-libc-dev] duplicating avr-libc from winavr

From: Galen Seitz
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] duplicating avr-libc from winavr
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 20:41:52 -0800

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
As Joerg Wunsch wrote:

Using -D (for a date) and -r (for a branch tag) together is one of
the really weak points of CVS.

I spoke too soon, it seems.  It appears there's been something done
about that deficiency in CVS within recent years.  I could
successfully update a checked out tree to a date within the branch,
and it appears to me the result makes sense (when comparing it to the
current state of the 1.6 branch).

Galen, try checking out the WinAVR-20100110 tag from avr-libc's
repository.  If you build it on a Win32 machine, and perform a "make
install", I'd hope the resulting installed trees will be the same.

I'm not seeing that tag. I also tried WinAVR-20100120. Here's the command I'm using: $ cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/avr-libc co -r WinAVR-20100110 avr-libc

The tag isn't showing up in the viewvc menu either.

--
Galen Seitz
address@hidden