[avr-libc-dev] ATMEGA16U2 support

From: Paul Rathgeb
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] ATMEGA16U2 support
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 19:00:34 +0100

Hello,

I'm starting a new project based on an ATMEGA16U2.
Unfortunately, I don't found informations about the avr-libc support for
this controller. ATMEGA16U4 seems supported, but I don't know if I can
use this MCU type for the compilation.

In the Atmel USB PID list, I saw that the bootloader PID for ATMEGA16U2
is the same than AT90USB168. My supplier told me something about the
AT90USB168 and the ATMEGA16U2, but I don't remember what... I'm
wondering if he was not saying that ATMEGA16U2 is the replacement part
of the deprecated (or being deprecated) AT90USB168.

If someone could help me to find which device I have to configure in
order to have a good support for this MCU, it would really be great.

Thanks in advance,

Paul Rathgeb