RE: [avr-libc-dev] #bug 27235 issue 2

From: Boyapati, Anitha
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] #bug 27235 issue 2
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:38:39 +0100

> From: Joerg Wunsch [mailto:address@hidden

> Currently, the top address will only ever be incremented but never be
> fixed downwards in case the entire block at the end of the heap has
> been freed up.  The cake is a one-way street. ;-)
>
> Changing this is certainly possible, but unfortunately quite a bit of
> work,

Ok. I got it. The issue is talking about the case when all the free *heap* (or
'cake' as you put it) is exhausted; but has a malloc'ed & free'd chunk (or
realloc'ed) at the end in which case the 'top address'(?) should be allowed to
move backwards.

> I'm sorry, but translating texts takes so much time, I'm unable to

The original bug description confused me as I had no idea of the context.
Thanks for the translation Joerg.

> translate you the entire thread.  No idea whether having it translated
> by Google or Altavista would yield something comprehensible.

Although that was the first idea, I don't want to try :)

Thanks
Anitha