[avr-libc-dev] Comments in malloc implementation and #bug 27243

From: Boyapati, Anitha
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Comments in malloc implementation and #bug 27243
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:05:19 +0100

I was going through the comments in malloc.c to understand the way memory is
assigned following a malloc request. I got a bit confused with the "largest
chunk" part. Usually, smallest chunk of memory satisfying the malloc request is
selected from the free list. I think going by the code implemented following
the comments also shows that "smallest chunk" is selected.

As trivial as it may seem, I would like to know if the phrase (largest chunk)
is a simple case of typo (or my understanding got skewed somewhere?). I found
#bug 27243 talking the same (https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27243).

Thanks
Anitha