Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [bug #28108] bug with winavr20090313

From: Jan Waclawek
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [bug #28108] bug with winavr20090313
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:01:49 +0100

David,

>This is a closer but it is still not enough to be able to help you.  We
>need a code /snippet/ - cut down the code to the minimal necessary so
>that we can compile the code and see the problem.

There is no point in forcing the OP to do so. The bug is related to an
extensive use of registers by attempt of the optimiser to keep "common
subexpressions" (constants) across the function, combined with error in choice
of "upper" register to load a constant; and is hard to reproduce in a
simplified setup.

The attachment is fully justified here.

Please refer to the discussion at avrfreaks.net for further details.

Please note, that citing a lengthy post in full in your response is no better
bandwidth-wise than posting attachments to the bug tracker.

Jan Waclawek