RE: [avr-libc-dev] Missing time.h posix

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Missing time.h posix
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 08:05:07 -0600

Hi Daniele,

I believe I know some other people over at Develer. ;-) You can contribute like
any other open source project: just submit a patch. Please submit patches to
the Patch Tracker on the avr-libc project on Savannah.

We have had people ask about time.h in the past. The problem with it is that
there is no common hardware standard on the AVR for timekeeping. So our
standard answer has always been that we can't generally support time.h because
there's no common way to do this for all AVR projects. However we're always
open to new ideas and if you have a proposal then let's please discuss.

Thanks,
Eric Weddington