RE: [avr-libc-dev] Adding (some) Procyon AVRlib functionality to avr-lib

From: Ron Kreymborg
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Adding (some) Procyon AVRlib functionality to avr-libc - C++
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 23:13:54 +1000

> Has there been much thought given to C++ support?

<snip>

> Any thoughts or opinions?  Is there anyone out there who actually uses
> C++ for real work and might be interested in this?
>
> mvh.,
>
> David

Me. As you have found, avrgcc generates efficient C++ code. As Eric has
mentioned, we really need an implementation of libstdc++, a project too long
in my in-tray. For a C++ version of corelib where a device handler is a
class we also need to finish patch #6805 (see
http://jennaron.com.au/avr/classinterrupts.html) to allow efficient
interrupt handlers.

Corelib might be a good opportunity to tidy this up. I will see what is
involved in adding matching C++ versions as the project proceeds.

Ron