[avr-libc-dev] Re: [patch #6878] eewr_byte.S update for patch #6718

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [patch #6878] eewr_byte.S update for patch #6718
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:33:07 -0400

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 1:50 AM, Dmitry Xmelkov <address@hidden> wrote:

> Update of patch #6878 (project avr-libc):

>Bob and Simone, thanks for doing this!

You are welcome.

>As I understand, it is not needed to change the 'eerd_byte.S'
>(at least the file #18546 does not contain any differences with CVS).

It has been working fine in my application.

Someday one of us should look at redoing the XMega EEWrite class of routines
to use memory mapping, and make use of the XMega buffering.  I looked at this
briefly.  The hard part is dealing with write requests that wrap around at
the end of the buffer, as doing so would corrupt the data.  It was going
to take longer than I had in my schedule to fix that problem.