[avr-libc-dev] [patch #6878] eewr_byte.S update for patch #6718

From: Simone Zamboni
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #6878] eewr_byte.S update for patch #6718
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 15:18:08 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #6878 (project avr-libc):

There is a problem using r20 register: it is used to count bytes to write in
eewr_block (look in eedef.h) that uses eewr_byte function. If you use that
register you will overwrite the counter and the eeprom_write_block function
will not work anymore.

There is another point: there's no need to look for NVM busy after a buffer
erase, it will not erase eeprom locations but only the buffer.

I tested the eewr_byte function with all the write/update functions
(word/dword/block) because they all uses the byte write function.

I suggest to update the CVS with this file, no need to change the other write
and update functions.

P.S. The function 'eeprom_write_r18' uses one more scratch register, r17.
Update "readme_eeprom.txt" accordingly.

(file #18534)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: eewr_byte.S                    Size:4 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6878>

  Messaggio inviato con/da Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/