Re: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #6718] Optimize the EEPROM functions

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #6718] Optimize the EEPROM functions
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:20:38 -0400

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Bob Paddock<address@hidden> wrote:
>>  * The XMEGA is realized.
>
>> At this moment the XMEGA is not tested.
>
> I do not understand this code in eewr_byte.S...

I have tested the attached code on my XMega128A1for eeprom_write_word
and eeprom_read_word,
with the version of eewr_byte.S attached.

eeprom_write_word calls eewr_byte.S twice, eewr_block would call
eewr_byte several times,
this will be *extremely* inefficient time wise on the XMega.

I did not test anything but write/read_word and implicitly write/read byte.

Using the XMega EEPROM mapping functions might shave a few cycles off
of the code for write,
it is already being used for read.