[avr-libc-dev] Re: [bug #26365] Better PROGMEM_FAR support

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [bug #26365] Better PROGMEM_FAR support
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:38:51 +0200

As Jan Waclawek wrote:

> What is then the appropriate form of posting feature requests, which
> are not likely to be implemented immediately, but still might be an
> inspiration for anybody who has time to pick up older ideas in the
> future?

As Eric said, starting to discuss those ideas on the avr-libc-dev
mailing list would be a much better start.

Seriously, it's not that there's anyone sitting around, waiting for
ideas to arrive that might be implemented some day. ;-)  We do have
*ideas* enough of what could be changed... what we don't have is
people to really implement it.  We occasionally have people who at
least start filing patches for ideas, but even then, in most cases,
another 8 man hours or so are needed to really integrate the patch,
for stuff like writing a testsuite script, completing the missing
documentation, integrating it into the build system, etc.  The
amount of time the few active developers are able to spend on the
project is simply limited.