[avr-libc-dev] malloc changes

From: DarkDragon
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] malloc changes
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 21:33:40 -0700 (PDT)

With the latest version of WinAVR (2009-03-13), my malloc(calloc) calls
always return a null pointer.  I found that there seems to be 3 added lines
to the malloc function which cause my requests to be denied.  Is there any
documentation as to what changed, or if anyone could provide insight into
this?

I suspect that it has something to do because I use the calls within an AVRX
task (although they work fine with WinAVR20081221).  If I use the call
outside the task it allocates the memory, however it would be very
impractical to use for my application.