Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] Put avr-libc functions in unique section

From: Dmitry K.
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] Put avr-libc functions in unique section
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:45:04 +1100

On Tuesday 31 March 2009 10:52, Weddington, Eric wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Attached is a patch to the current 1.6 branch.
>
> Currently, avr-libc functions are placed in different linker sections. Most
> of them are in .text. The floating point functions are in .text.fplib. And
> the eeprom routines are in other named subsections of .text.
>
> This patch places all avr-libc functions into .text.avr-libc, and the
> floating point functions in .text.avr-libc.fplib.

The alternative is the renaming after compilation: avr-objcopy.
In this case it is not needed to add any magic words for *all* :-(
C functions.
What about to give a sufficient time to think/probe?

(Note: NOTREACHED in file 'assert.c' is keyword for LINT-compatible
programs.  This is not a typo.)

> As a side note, when I was going through the code, there were 2 very small
> files that did not have a copyright and license at the beginning. It looked
> like Dmitry added these files. I took the liberty of adding the copyright
> and license, and these changes are included in this patch. Dmitry, let me
> know if this is ok with you.

OK, no objections.
Hovever, it is strange to reserve any rights for
one-line-text:
   #define Lprogmem 1
?

Dmitry.