Re: [avr-libc-dev] newbie question - attiny88 on Ubuntu

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] newbie question - attiny88 on Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:17:15 +0100

On Wednesday 25 March 2009 04:35, Allan Macdonald wrote:

> If you go to this thread, you can see some of the frustrations
> I am having getting this to work for me:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6952465
> If you have any suggestions, tips, help, jokes, anything, I'd be grateful.
Try my toolchain builder.

It downloads, patches and builds the tools for you. Versions are
utils:2.19, gcc:4.3.3,  gmp:4.2.4, mpfr:2.4.0, libc:1.6.4, dude:5.5.
It has been tested for gentoo, ubuntu, fedora8, osx,
windows2000/2003 and  windowsXP. You can find the package here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=219072

If you have Ubuntu 8.10 , you may need to insert
 --disable-werror CFLAGS="-Wno-format-security "
after --with-dwarf2 in the script where the binutils are build.
Line 585 of the script. (This was an idea of bingo, see
  http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=72619 )

If it works, please leave a message on the Ubuntu forum
(so people can find it) and tell me.

Ruud.