Re: [avr-libc-dev] Nice to have: XCK Definition

From: Frédéric Nadeau
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Nice to have: XCK Definition
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:55:05 -0400

I'm looking at the two USB definition that are missing iousbxx2.h and
iousbxx6_7.h to add pin definition by hand. I'm stuck with the
following dilemma:

In data sheet for  AT90USB646 as well as the one for AT90USB82, Clock
pin for the SPI module is name in the pin description section as SCLK
where as in the rest of the datasheet(specially in the SPI section) it
is refered as SCK. All other devices that I know of use SCK for SPI
clock.

It is not much of a problem for AT90USB646, but AT90USB82 also
implement a PS/2 module, witch in his turn define a pin as SCK.

So datasheets are not consistent on SCK Vs SCLK for SPI clock.

If it were only of me I would rename SPI clock pin to SCK for both and
rename SCK to SCLK for PS/2 module in AT90USB82 case. But I'm not the
one writing the datasheet. Although they do have job openings in Ulm
and Heilbronn, but my German skill are only at B1 level :(

Anyway, clues on what to do with this dilemma?
Frédéric