Re: [avr-libc-dev] calculating benchmarks

From: Dmitry K.
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] calculating benchmarks
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 08:56:29 +1000

> > > I would like to calculate this data for the fixed point math library
> > > to make comparison easy for user, and to also help me know how to
> > > optimize it better.  Does anyone know how to generate this file?

Hi,
the script is in attachment.  It calculates the number
of cycles per function by comparison two result: the
target function and the simple RET instruction.  The
print format is for Avr-libc's doc, you must to change
it for readibility.
   Allas, this is not sufficient.  I will prepare (it is
needed to translate identificators to English, at least)
the another scripts: to calculate the average time for a
set of args and to calculate the stack usage.

Yours patch is very interesting.  IMHO, in future the
fixed point arithmetic would the main one for technical
applications.

Regards,
Dmitry.